40 Days of Prayer – One word to focus on each day and one new prayer for each word shared – 2015
CONTINUE TO PRAY – PRAY WITHOUT CEASING – Please review the notes and join me in praying for the body of Christ.
Day 1 – Obedient
– Prayed for God’s children to be obedient to the Lord. Obedience is far better than sacrifice.
Day 2 – Faithful
– Prayed for God’s people to be faithful to him and to show faithfulness in their lives.
Day 3 – Abide
– Praying that God’s people will abide in/ sit with/ dwell in the Lord.
Day 4 – Praise
– Prayed that God’s people will praise Him & lift him up.
Day 5 – Seek
– Praying that the lost will see their need to have Jesus in their lives and that they will seek the Lord while he may be found. Praying God’s people will seek the face of the Lord. There are several passages that speak of seeking the face of the Lord. Here is one of them: Psalm 27:8 (KJV),
“When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, Lord, will I seek.”
Day 6 – Reveal
– We pray, O Lord, Please reveal your will to us. Show us where you want us to go and what you want us to do. Asking all things in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen
Day 7 – Integrity
– Praying that the body of Christ will speak the truth in love. Praying we will desire to be the type of people that tell the truth.
Day 8 – Walk
– Thessalonians 4:1 (KJV),
“Furthermore then we beseech you, brethren, and exhort you by the Lord Jesus, that as ye have received of us how ye ought to walk and to please God, so ye would abound more and more.” Praying we will walk in ways that are pleasing to God.
Day 9 – Gentle
– Praying we will be wise as the serpent but gentle as a dove.
Day 10- Answer
– Hear our cries, O God, attend unto our prayers. We are calling on you and trusting that you will answer us just like you say you will. In faith we say, “Thank-you, Lord.” Because we know you are perfect in all your ways we say, “Thank-you, Lord.” Because you are always worthy of praise we praise you, Lord.
Day 11- Generous
– God, You are generous. Please help your people be generous, too.
Day 12 – Strength
– Pray for strength to do all that God has called us to do. Pray for strength to stand up for Jesus. Pray for strength so that we can continue doing what we know is right even if others don’t join us. Everyone does not have the faith.
Day 13 – Self-Control
– Praying God’s people will only want to be controlled by the Holy Spirit of God. May the Lord also help us recall to show temperance/self-control in our lives. The enemy wants to drive people insane. The enemy wants people to take control of other people or demand their own way. God wants us to live Holy lives exhibiting love and controlling ourselves while we follow God’s lead. O Lord, Please help us turn away from those who want to control us when they are not following you & help us have self-control over our own lives. Lead us, Lord. Show us the path you want us to take.
Day 14 – Study
– Lord, Please help your people recall to study the Scriptures.
Day 15 – Wait
– Praying God will be with us helping us keep our minds stayed upon Him while we patiently wait for Him to answer each prayer in His perfect ways. We’ll have renewed strength when we wait upon the Lord.
Day 16 – JESUS
– Pray that more people will repent, and be baptized in the name of JESUS CHRIST so they can be forgiven of their sins. JESUS is the name above all names. JESUS is the way, the truth, and the life. No man can come to the Father except through believing in the Lord Jesus Christ. Let’s pray for the salvation of the lost souls.
Acts 2:38 (KJV), “Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.”
Day 17 – Revive
– We need revival. In this day and age we need mercy from God. O Lord, Please forgive our sins and help us be revived again. Psalm 85:6-8 (KJV), “Wilt thou not revive us again: that thy people may rejoice in thee? Shew us thy mercy, O Lord, and grant us thy salvation. I will hear what God the Lord will speak: for he will speak peace unto his people, and to his saints: but let them not turn again to folly.”
Day 18 – Light
– Dear God, Help us do what you said we should do by letting out lights so shine before men that they may see our good works and give you the glory. Receive all the praise, honor, and glory God. We adore you. Amen
Day 19 – Endure
– Those who endure to the end shall be saved. Lord, Please help us endure to the end and help us recall that your mercy endures forever. We need your mercy and your grace when we are going through great trials and tribulations. Help those who are being persecuted for righteousness sake. Give them peace, grace, and miracles of help. Lord, We depend on you. We need you.
Day 20 – Direction
– Praying for God to give us direction. May God’s people hear him clearly & obey him when he tells them the path he wants them to take. He says that he will direct our steps putting us on the path he wants us to take. /
Day 21 – Chosen
– God, You have called your people [believers in the Lord Jesus Christ] a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, & a peculiar people. Help us, Lord, to show we are a people that will show forth your praises. You have brought us out of darkness into the light. Help us be the ministers you’ve called us to be and help us recall we are chosen by you. Peter 2:9 (KJV) says, “But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;”
Day 22 – Defend
– O Lord, You are our defender. You know everything about us. You even know what motivates us to do things the way we do. Please remember us when we ask you to defend us. There are those who are enemies of the truth. The enemies of the truth speak with a forked tongue. Give us grace to endure it when we have been troubled by those who distort truth. We ask everything in Jesus precious name. We will praise you even when frustrating things happen. We will continue to put our trust in you. Amen & Amen.
Day 23 – “Power”
– Dear God, We ask you to give us wisdom, strength, and power to be witnesses for you. Thinking of verses from Acts 1 especially verse 8. “For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.
6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.
8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.
10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;
11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.”
Day 24 – Peace
– Praying for God’s peace that passes understanding to come upon those who are going through times of deep sorrow.
Day 25 – Hope
– Lord, Help us recall that there may be times when our future on this earth looks bleak but you have always given us hope for the future. Nothing can separate us from your love. We believe in the resurrection that is to come. Help us focus on your promises for our future.
Acts 24:14-16 (NIV),
“However, I admit that I worship the God of our ancestors as a follower of the Way, which they call a sect. I believe everything that is in accordance with the Law and that is
written in the Prophets, and I have the same hope in God as these men themselves have, that there will be a resurrection of both the righteous and the wicked. So I strive always to keep my conscience clear before God and man.”
Day 26 – Turn
– Dear Lord, Please help people who are not walking with you see their need to repent turning from their wicked ways. Many will say they believe in God but few have made the decision to serve you turning away from evil. You do not desire to see anyone spend eternity in hell. Please Lord, Help people see their need for the Saviour. Help them repent and believe before it’s too late. Ezekiel 33:11 (KJV),”Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord God, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?”
Day 27 – Serve
-Dear God, Help us serve you with gladness, fear, and trembling understanding that you are still Almighty God. You are not going to fall off of your throne. Let us be the type of people that will revere you as we continue to recall you are our Loving Heavenly Father. Psalm 2:11 (KJV), “Serve the Lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling.”
Day 28 – Deliverance
– May the Lord give us songs of deliverance. Deliverance from our enemies & deliverance from all forms of evil. Thinking of the Lord’s prayer at this time.
Day 29 – Faith
– May God help us continue to read his Word and understand it because faith comes by hearing and hearing the Word of God.
Day 30 – Friend
– Lord, We know you want to be our best friend. Help those who need a best friend find out how real you are & how you are prepared to help them at all times. Your Word also tells us that a friend loves at all times. Help us show kindness, forebearance, and your type of love to our friends. We know you want us to do that. We want to also take time to thank-you for the wonderful friends you’ve allowed us to meet.
Day 31 – Healing
– Dear God, We seem to always know someone that needs healing. We have needed help to heal after the death of a loved one, after a tragic set of circumstances has come our way, or after some illness has attacked our bodies. We know that Jesus was bruised, beaten, and killed on the cross so we could receive healing by his stripes & salvation because he willingly died as if he was a sinner even though he had not sinned. Thank-you! Thank-you, God for giving your Son to us. Thank-you to Jesus for dying on the cross for us. Please forgive our sins & heal our diseases. Heal anyone out there that is suffering due to the death of a loved one, heal those who feel as though their hearts can’t take any more aching, and please heal those who are afflicted with sickness. We know you are more than able to do these things for us. Please also help us accept your perfect will when you take one of your children home. We believe the full complete healing comes when we no longer live in these mortal bodies.
Day 32 – Fervent
– O God, When we come before you bowing on our knees or standing in your presence daily asking you for things over and over again you know we are being fervent as we pray. We zealously desire your help. We persist in asking you for help because there is no one better than you, God. There is no other God. There is no other Rock. You are our One & Only God. We come to you in faith and we fervently ask you to hear and answer each prayer in your perfect ways. We also know your ways are wiser than our ways. We totally put our trust in you. James 5:15-20 (KJV), “And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
Elias was a man subject to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months.
And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth brought forth her fruit.
Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him;
Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.”
Day 33 – Joy
– Lord, We know we can rejoice with a joy that is unspeakable & full of glory. You paved the way so we can receive the free gift of salvation. You have supplied us with a promise that we will have an abundant life when we walk with you. The blessings you have stored up for us will most probably cause us to barely be able to speak if we speak at all. The joy that is yet to come will be wonderful. Thank-you, God. Thank-you for giving us so many blessings.
Day 34- Perseverance
– God, Please help us persevere. Let every trial we face cause us to work harder to follow your leading. Amen.
Day 35 – Forgiveness
– Lord, Your word says that we should not keep a record of wrongs. Please forgive us of our sins and help us forgive those who have sinned against us. Help us be rid of the ought we have in our hearts toward people who have hurt us or they have injured people we love. Please forgive us for the times we’ve kept a record of wrongs. Help each of us say, “Lord, Please forgive me, cleanse me, and heal me.” We ask for this help in the precious name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
Day 36 – Selflessness
– We pray that God will help us be thankful for every opportunity we are given to selflessly give to others.
Day 37 – Wisdom
– God, You tell people to ask you for wisdom if they are in need of wisdom. We come before you in the name of Jesus Christ asking you to give us wisdom. Help us know how you want us to handle every circumstance we face. Give us wisdom on our jobs, in relationships with other people, and every time we call on you seeking wise advice. We ask for this in faith knowing that you are full of wisdom. Thanks for reminding us that all we have to do is ask for it in faith.
Day 38 – Love
– Lord, Help your people recall that those who love you will hate evil. We do not want to partake in doing deeds of darkness. Convict us of doing anything that is displeasing to you. Help us walk on the straight and narrow path that leads to life. Psalm 97:10 (KJV), “Ye that love the Lord, hate evil: he preserveth the souls of his saints; he delivereth them out of the hand of the wicked.”
Day 39 – Death
– It is appointed that all men will die once then comes the judgment. O Lord, We pray that you will prepare us for our own time of death. Make us ready for the judgment day. Help us confess & forsake our sinful lifestyles and help us put you on the throne of our hearts. We believe Jesus died on the cross for our sins and He has already gone to prepare a place for those who believe that you raised him from the dead. Help us share the gospel story with others because we really do believe in life after death.
Day 40 – Life
– John 3:16 says that God loved the people of this world so much that he gave his only begotten son for us and that all who believe in Jesus shall have eternal life. Lord, We look forward to the day when all disease shall be gone. The Holy City is where those who have repented will get to reside forever. The true believers in the Lord Jesus Christ will receive your gift of salvation. Thank-you, Lord for all you have done for us. All praise goes to the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
Joshua 5:6a, “For the children of Israel walked forty years in the wilderness, till all the people that were men of war, which came out of Egypt, were consumed, because they obeyed not the voice of the Lord:” They spent 40 years in the widerness because they disobeyed. Let’s pray for the next 40 days that God will give us hearts that are obedient to Him. “Obedience is better than sacrifice.” ~ Bible → 1 Samuel 15:22 (KJV),
“And Samuel said, Hath the Lord as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the Lord? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.” Those who do not obey the Lord are walking in rebellion. The Bible says that rebellion is synonymous with witchcraft. 1 Samuel 15:23a, “For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry.”