Have you ever heard someone talk about the devil too much?
Some People Give The Enemy Too Much Credit But You Do Need To Resist The devil
The enemy has always wanted to try to steal glory from God.
Is it any wonder that he gets some people to think & talk about him and the demons a lot?
The devil is to be resisted. He can be resisted. You can resist the devil and that old ugly spirited one will flee.
Draw near to God. Talk to the Lord. Read the Word of God. Praise God. Do what you know is right.
When you are busy doing what you know is right you are closing the door on the enemy.
The enemy seeks to destroy people. We are to be wise about his ways and to understand the way he traps people.
People that use the tools of satan will be opening the door to him.
Students in the medical field are taught that germs and bacteria can invade the body causing harm. If there is a portal of entry that makes it easier for bacteria to get inside the body a lot of harm can come to your body. Some times death can occur if a poisonous substance gets into the blood stream.
The tools of satan are toxic to your spiritual man. You really do not want to give the enemy a way to destroy your spiritual life.
When you do things that are against God you are using tools satan provides.
Galatians 5 tells us about works of the flesh. The enemy cannot force you to follow the flesh. A person chooses whether or not they will follow the flesh or whether they will follow God.
A list of some of the works of the flesh:
- fornication (this includes harlotry, incest, idolatry, unlawful lust done by male or female)
- uncleanness (impurity & filthiness)
- lasciviousness (licentiousness & wantonness- promiscuous and unprincipled in sexual matters)
- idolatry (the worship of a physical objects or making things or people more important than God &/or having a devotion or unholy attachment to something or someone)
- witchcraft (magic & sorcery – evil manifestations & substances used to alter the mind)
- hatred (hostility & enmity)
- variance (quarrels, contention, debate, & strife)
- emulations (jealousy, malice, envying, fervent mind toward doing evil, zealous indignation toward evil)
- wrath (indignation)
- strife (to exhibit bitterness or violence )
- seditions (to excite resistance to holy authority)
- heresies (denial of truth found in God’s Word)
- envying (wanting what belongs to another)
- drunkenness (excess use of alcohol)
- revellings and things like that (reveling is also carousing which usually involves partying to the point of walking in sin)
People who do those type of things must repent and turn from their wicked ways or they will not inherit the kingdom of God.
Know ye not ye are the temple of the Living God? 1 Corinthians 3:16-17 (KJV),
“Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.”
If you walk with the Lord you will not want to do things that displease God. You will also want to stay away from doing things that open the door to the enemy.
When anyone opens the door for the enemy they may lose some protection that God wants them to have.
If you recognize any area of your life that needs changed go talk to the Lord quickly asking Him to cleanse you and set you free from anything that does not come from him.
If anyone says they have not sinned then the truth is not in them.
The Lord promises that if you confess your sin he will be faithful to cleanse you. See 1 John 1:8-9 (KJV) , “If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”
RECALL THAT GOD HAS MORE POWER THAN THE ENEMY!
Also see James 4:7-11 (KJV),
“Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.
Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness.
Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up. Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge.”